Preparing for Computer Science (CS) Week December 7th-13th!
Schools, libraries, community centers, etc. can all promote CS week in December using the following resources:
Code.org resources such as videos, speakers, posters, and activities
Want to start a Drone Program?
Tulsa Regional STEM Alliance has an entire program already developed. These resources may assist in starting one in your organization.
Virtual Learning? STEM in a Bag!
Tulsa Regional STEM Alliance has also created STEM in a Bag activities for virtual lessons! The lessons provide materials list and other resources for activities to be done at home with families!
Educators of America: Micro grant
These grants range from $250 to $5000 for technology or curriculum for classrooms!
Please join NCBCE for the REAL (Remote Education & Learning) 2.0 Conference. October 28th, 2020
This summer NCBCE hosted the REAL Conference to help prepare rural educators in North Carolina for the new school year. The REAL Conference was packed with resources and ideas on how to successfully teach a virtual classroom. We have expanded the session offerings and REAL 2.0 will be open to ALL North Carolina educators!
Join us for REAL 2.0 to explore virtual teaching tools, strategies, and ideas. We will have sessions for educators and parents!
Learn more about the conference and register HERE.
Some of the 40 sessions that will take place the day of the conference include:
Parent sessions in English and Spanish. Some session topics include:
- Mental Health for Students & Parents During Covid
- College Application Process/FAFSA
- Understanding SeeSaw/Canvas/Google Classroom
- Supporting your Student with Autism During Remote Learning
- But I’m not a Teacher – Strategies for Parents that Support Virtual Learning
Educator sessions will include:
- Google Extensions for Educators
- Intermediate and Advanced Canvas
- Addressing the Need of Exceptional Learning (in the Regular Classroom)
- Asynchronous and Synchronous Learning
- Book Creator: Students Can Create and Publish Their Own Books
- How to Build a Strong and Engaged Class Community
- GoFormative: Create an Interactive Lesson From Any Website
- Seesaw Activities: Creating Activities Today for Tomorrow’s Lesson
- Creating Self-Paced, Blended Lessons for Students
- Google Classroom Tips and Tricks – Intermediate to Advanced
You Have to See It, To Be It!
Hip Hop videos for middle and high school students highlighting men and women of color who fly jets and are doctors!